Declaration of Independence 5admin2019-07-18T16:05:11+00:00
- affected: those acted upon or influenced
- constitution: the laws or rules for governing a group, an organization, state or nation
- erected: to put up something
- harass: to annoy, bother, pester
- jurisdiction: under authority or control of
- render: to give or make available, to provide
- unacknowledged: not accepted or recognized
Try the Declaration of Independence 5 Vocabulary Quiz.
Try the Declaration of Independence 5 Quiz
Rewrite the sentences below in your own words in the text boxes below.
19. He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.
20. He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the consent of our legislatures.
21. He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
22. He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: