Click on the radio buttons in front
of the correct answers to the questions.
1. This is the smallest particle
of an element.
2. This is a substance made up
of only one kind of atom.
3. The center of the atom that
contains the proton and neutron is the
4. An atom with more neutrons than
protons is called a/an
5. The part of the atom with a
positive charge is the
6. The part of the atom with a
negative charge is the
7. Most of the mass of an atom
is in the nucleus.
8. The total number of protons
in the atom is its
9. The sum of the protons and neutrons
in an atom is its
10. The part of the atom that orbits
the nucleus is the
11. The chemical combination of
two or more atoms in fixed amounts is called a
12. The smallest part of a compound
that still is that compound is a